[Xen-users] Windows XP SP2 on Debian Etch xen 3.0.3

I have a Supermicro H8DM8-2 with 2 Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor
2350 and 16G of memory.

I am trying to get a windows HVM to work. I was able to get the install
cd booted and was able to install without too many issues. Crashing
during install seemed to be resolved by flipping acpi and apic on in the
xen config. However after the install on the first boot, after I flip
the boot device to 'c' all I get is a black window.

Any ideas what is going on or how to resolve it?

Here is my cfg.

kernel      = '/usr/lib/xen-3.0.3-1/boot/hvmloader'
boot    = 'c'
builder = 'hvm'
device_model = '/usr/lib/xen-3.0.3-1/bin/qemu-dm'
memory      = '2048'
vnc='1'
vnclisten='172.16.0.49'
disk        = [
                   'phy:/dev/xenhost-lvm/winxp-disk,ioemu:hda,w',
                   'file:/root/isos/winxp_sp2.iso,ioemu:hdc:cdrom,r',
               ]

acpi='1'
apic='1'
name        = 'winxp'
vif         = [ 'type=ioemu,bridge=xenbr0' ]
on_poweroff = 'destroy'
on_reboot   = 'restart'
on_crash    = 'restart'

I do see this in qemu-dm.xxx.log
False I/O request ... in-service already: 0, pvalid: 0, port: e9, data: 72, count: 1, size: 1

Ive been trying different combinations of things for days now, no luck.

Thanks
--
Nick Anderson <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.cmdln.org