Re: [Xen-users] Disable memory balloon in dom0

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 17:09 -0400, Jeff Lane wrote:
> On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Nick Anderson <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Is there any reason why I would not want to set dom0-min-mem to 0 or to what
> > I set dom0_mem on my kernel line? Setting to 0 or setting to the same value
> > as dom0_mem disables memory balloon correct? I cant seem to think of a
> > reason why I would want memory ballooning.
>
> As an alternate, just pass dom0_mem=<some number> to the hypervisor
> via grub.  That's what I always do.  No ballooning issues and I can
> make sure domain 0 is as big or as small as I need it to be (though I
> never set it below 512M and usually its set to somewhere between 1GB
> and 4GB depending on the amount of RAM the system has).

This only sets the initial dom0 memory usage - it does not prevent
ballooning.

We've had problems with ballooning causing networking to stop, so we've
disabled it, though we did this by setting dom0_mem on boot and
dom0-min-mem to the same value in xend-config.sxp

John.

--
http://www.brightbox.co.uk - UK Ruby on Rails hosting