Re: [Xen-users] reseize image that was created with virt-install

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 16:32 +0200, Heiko wrote:

> i have created some VM with virt-install, now I have the situation
> that one VM needs more Harddisk space. How can i resize these images.

Are you using LVM or a "raw" file on filesystem?

If was not a LVM, maybe you can create one file bigger than the another and
migrate the VM.

dd if=/dev/zero of=/data/new_vm bs=1M count=20000
mkfs.ext3 ï/data/new_vm
mount, rsync and start the "new" VM on new device...

Or, please, always use LVM.

--
Tiago Cruz
http://everlinux.com