Re: [Xen-users] Best distro with out of the box xen support?

  • To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 11:44:43 +0700
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 12 May 2008 21:45:27 -0700

Michael Jinks wrote:
FWIW... Gentoo has provided a fine dom0 platform for me, and has had
3.2.1 available since at least early last week.

I used Gentoo once. It's fun, and provides a good environment to learn in-depth information on how Linux works. I even used it on several production servers. Had to give up eventually though. It's simply not feasible (in my case back then) to recompile numerous packages on many servers just because I upgraded mysql.

Since then I'm pretty much a RHEL/CentOS-64bit fan, with most servers running RH's version of Xen, and several running xen 3.2 rebuilt from source.

Regards,

Fajar