Re: [Xen-users] Best distro with out of the box xen support?

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:44:43AM +0700, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> Michael Jinks wrote:
> >FWIW... Gentoo has provided a fine dom0 platform for me, and has had
> >3.2.1 available since at least early last week.
>
> I used Gentoo once. It's fun, and provides a good environment to learn
> in-depth information on how Linux works. I even used it on several
> production servers. Had to give up eventually though.
> It's simply not feasible (in my case back then) to recompile numerous
> packages on many servers just because I upgraded mysql.

Drifting a bit off-topic, but I don't do that either.  We compile new
packages once per architecture, store them on a file server, and push
out to machines using our config manager.  Portage's support for binary
packages isn't mentioned very often but it's worked really well for us.

Best,
--Michael