Re: [Xen-users] problem starting domU with pygrub

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:03:04PM +0200, Marcus Larsson wrote:

> I have installed CentOS 5.1 (x86_64) on a server and I have
> installled xen 3.2.1 from source.
>
> I created a config for a domU (also CentOS) and started
> installing. So far so good but when I try to boot this domU with
> bootloader="/usr/bin/pygrub" it hangs, ie. the pygrub process is
> a zombie.

Ok, I'll answer my own question here. ;)

The problem was that the fsimage.so file was installed in
/usr/lib64/python and pygrub didn't include that directory in
the path.

$ grep path /usr/bin/pygrub
sys.path = [ '/usr/lib/python' ] + sys.path

I changed the pygrub script so that it includes
/usr/lib64/python and now pygrub works.

On CentOS there is no such directory /usr/lib/python.

--
Marcus Larsson, Stockholm, Sweden
<http://kore.hack.se/contact/>