Re: [Xen-users] modifing files in /etc

Hi there,

> I am just starting at with this virtualization solution.  I love it for
> the fact that it seems as though our server loads are a lot lower than
> what it would be using other forms of virtualization.  The problem I
> have discovered  is that I can't modify specific files such
> as /etc/apt/sources.list in my virtual machines
>
> I am running Ubuntu 8.04 LTS 2.6.24-16-xen
>
> How do I modify theses files?

I don't quite understand what the problem is that you are seeing?

I would expect that you should be able to log into the machines as usual in
order to modify that file?  Presumably you'd like to edit the file from
outside the first machine or provide it from some central point?

What effect exactly are you looking for?

Cheers,
Mark