Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.0 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

On Tuesday May 20 2008 08:04:20 am Scott McKenzie wrote:
> I've finally found some time to test these new drivers on my system -
> 64bit dom0 Ubuntu Hardy w/xen 3.2; domU Windows 2003 i386 (SBS).  I
> couldn't boot Windows after installing the drivers, ether with or
> without the /gplpv boot option.  Startup stalled on the first screen of
> windows starting, the black screen with the moving progress bar before
> it switches to graphics mode.  The progress bar stopped moving and it
> never switched to graphics mode.  I let it run for about 3minutes before
> "xm destroy"ing it.  Normal boot is about 1:45 to the Windows login prompt.

Actually, this sounds like an intermediate error I had. After you install
0.9.0, you have to make sure none of the old
\windows\system32\drivers\xen*.sys files are still there - anything with a
date older than 5/18/08. Since you can't boot the domu, you will have to
losetup/kpartx/mount -t ntfs-3g to remove anything besides xenhide, xenpci,
xennet or xenvbd.