Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.1 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

Thx, james, for including the cat file entry, signing is much less work now.
Looks fine so far.

Box is up with pv drivers, runs fine, network performance (smb share to my file server) is still ok, (oo source tar ball to win 20MB/s, back to filer 30MB/s).
Lets wait for the new hardware to see real values. ;)

Florian

James Harper schrieb:
I have just uploaded a new binary release of the PV drivers for Windows.
I have tested that XenNet and XenSCSI can unload successfully (eg
upgrade without reboot), but only once this version or newer is
installed.

For now, it's probably best just to replace the .sys files in
c:\windows\system32\drivers with these new ones. I haven't tested how
install.bat works for an upgrade - one thing I haven't implemented is
the drivers behaving properly when a page file is on there - eg xenvbd
should refuse to unload in that case and it probably won't do the right
thing.

I have put the 'stub' drivers back so you can now silence xenvfb and
xenconsole asking for drivers by installing xenstub.

Have a look at the wiki page for more details:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenWindowsGplPv

Download from:
http://www.meadowcourt.org/downloads/
(there is a link to the download site from the wiki entry).

James