RE: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.1 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

> From Event Viewer:
>
> DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
> [...]
> *** STOP: 0x1000000A (0x00000016,0x0000001C,0x00000000,0x80502392)
>
> I don't remember there being a driver mentioned in the actual BSOD.
>
> >> My keyboard still does not work w/ /gplpv, and does w/o.
>
> > Are you able to try a test where you just install the xenpci driver
and
> > none of the others?
>
> What would be the safest method of doing that? Can I just uninstall
the
> other
> drivers? Wouldn't I get a BSOD 'Boot drive not found' (0x9A?) when I
try
> boot w/ /gplpv? (That would be necessary since the problem w/ the
keyboard
> only shows up then.)

Xenvbd installs xenhide as a filter for all scsi and ide drivers. Xennet
installs xenhide as a filter for all network devices. So in theory (I
haven't tested it) if you have never installed xenvbd or xennet, nothing
will be hidden.

I've been looking into the chkdsk-on-boot problem someone mentioned, and
have found that Windows gives me unaligned buffers when doing chkdsks,
and may well do it at other times too. I am creating a workaround for
this but there will be a performance hit (but only when the buffers are
unaligned).

Unfortunately I've just made a typo somewhere and trashed my DomU... ah
the perils of driver development. Fortunately lvm snapshot makes this
not such a big deal :)

I hope to have that problem fixed soon, which may well be the cause of
some of these seemingly-random BSoD's.

James