Re: [Xen-users] Install Windows XP Pro with GPLV drivers.

  • To: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: CHERAMY Guillaume <guillaume.cheramy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 12:15:01 +0200
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 25 May 2008 03:15:30 -0700

James Harper a Ãcrit :
>> 2/ i download the
>> http://www.meadowcourt.org/downloads/WindowsXenPV-0.9.1.zip
>>
>> 3/ i unzip it and double click on install.bat
>>
>> 4/ i change my boot.ini
>>
>> But when i reboot, i found a yellow '!'  on my :  Xen Net Device
>>
> Drivers
>
>> / Xen vfb device #0 / Xen console device #0
>>
>> But Xen Block DEvice Drivers works. What is wrong ?
>>

> You are the 3rd or 4th person to report a problem with the network
> drivers. For those people it seems to have been solved by just
> reinstalling the driver for xennet, but obviously something strange is
> going on. Maybe it's something to do with the order in which install.bat
> installs...
>
> When you right click on the network card, what error is given?

In french in the text :
"Windows ne peut charger le pilote de pÃriphÃrique de ce matÃriel. Ce
pilote est peut Ãtre endommagà ou absent (Code 39)"
In bad translate :
"Windows can't load the drivers for this hardware. This drivers is
perhaps broken or busy (code 39)".
> Can you just try doing an 'update drivers' and just reinstall the same
> driver again? Let me know how it turns out.

I 'update drivers' with the same drivers i have the 'code 10 error this
drivers can't boot'
> thanks
>
> James

Thanks