Re: [Xen-users] ethtool - K eth0 tx off

Hey Luciano,

Thanks for the information, while this does solve the problem. This feels more like a hack, rather than a permanent fix. Is this a bug in Xen, or is this something we should expect from now ?

Thanks!
Aaron

Quoting Luciano Rocha <strange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 09:25:33AM -0500, aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
 Quoting Luciano Rocha <strange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 10:53:02PM +1000, Aaron Weller // Crucial Paradigm
> wrote:
>>  I recently setup a new Xen server, however whenever Xen was enabled it
>> was
>>  not possible to access ssh, etc.
>>
>>  This was solved by doing: ethtool - K eth0 tx off
>>
>>  On CentOS (RHEL), what is the best way to ensure this happens everything
>>  server boots?
>
> cat >/sbin/ifup-local <<\EOF
> #!/bin/bash
> ethtool -K $1 tx off
> EOF
> chmod +x /sbin/ifup-local

 Thanks for this, will this also apply to all VMs as well?  I noticed I'm
 also having the same problem in the DomUs as well now - I can resolve it by
 consoling into them, and using this: ethtool -K eth0 tx off

You'll have to install the script on the DomUs also.

--
lfr
0/0