[Xen-users] Xen 3.1 identify DomUs - Networkinterface

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Christoph Dietzschold <cd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 16:29:09 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 07:29:41 -0700

Hello,

I would like to account the Traffic of my DomUs with an iptables
accountingchain.

I am trying to find out which network-interface belongs to which DomU.
currently there is a Xen 3.1.0-53.1.21.el5 (Centos 5.1) running on my Dom0.

There are two HVM-Guests running. The command xentop does not show any
information about net & vbd Traffic (only for HVM domains?).

The tapX-Devices created by qemu doesn't seem to have any reference to
the DOMU-ID.

I tried to read out the information via

xm list --long but there is just an hint for the used MAC-address that
is not equal to the tap-device ones. The created vif<DomU-ID>.0
interface is existant but does not transfer any data.

brctl shows that the tapX-Interfaces are included in the xenbr0
bridge-group but there are no further information about the relationship
to one of the domUs.

If you have got any hints I would be very happy if you could tell me how
to find out how these two things (DomU - tapX interface) belong together
in a reliable context.

Thank you very much.

Christoph Dietzschold