Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] Current state of Xen GPL Windows Drivers

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Current state of Xen GPL Windows Drivers
Date: Thursday June 05 2008
From: jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: jimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Thursday June 05 2008 12:34:30 pm James Miller wrote:
> I wanted to find out the current state the Xen GPL drivers for Windows.

A work in progress. Keep a look out for threads of the form 'Release 0.x.y of
GPL PV Drivers for Windows' to find out what is being fixed with each
release.

> Also, is it best to get a current binary (URL?) or get them via
> mercurial and compile them?
>
> We'd like to do some testing and maybe put them into limited production
> use.

My personal preference is to find a binary release that is stable for you on a
test domain before putting it on a production one. You may compile your self,
but continue to test in a test domain first. I find his release schedule is
often enough that there is no real advantage to the 'latest' code, and it may
be more unstable (or may not).