Re: [Xen-users] 3.2 changes network layout?

On Thursday June 05 2008 07:09:07 pm Freddie Cash wrote:
> So, how does one configure eth0 to have an IP, and eth1 to be the bridge,
> without any IP configuration occuring on eth1 or the bridge?

On standard xen, if you have two physical nics eth0 & eth1, bridges will be
created for them, and the renamed devices peth0 & peth1 will be enslaved to
the corresponding bridge, and *something* on those bridges, or the bridge
itself, will have an ip.

If I read you correctly, you want a non-standard setup. Assuming you don't
have a physical nic eth1, you can create any bridge you want, and say call it
eth1, and enslave eth0 (w/ an ip) and peth0 (to do the actual hardware xfers)
to it. I believe you can do this with just a simple 'bridge=name netdev=eth0'
clause in your xend-config.sxp.

If I have misinterpreted what you need, you will probably need more of a brctl
or /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts guru than me :-)