Re: [Xen-users] how xen recognizes fibre channel based storage resources

Hello

you can share the same block device to several DomUs, just add 'w!' to
the options to say: "yes, write access to more than one".  if you use
only 'w', Xen would complain at the second DomU that tries to use it,
which is a reasonable safeguard when you don't use cluster-aware
filesystems.

Thanks for your answer but if I understand well you assume in your answer that domu's sharing block device are located on the same physical server while they are not.

I would like to create on four physical servers virtual machines that must to have simultaneous access to the same FC volume (blck device) - therefore no communication between domus0 will be established to synchronize writes as you suggests: "yes, write access to more than one".

Is it possible to do something I'd like to do?

Thanks for your help.

Piotr