Re: Fwd: [Xen-users] Unable to create more than 1 VM

On Sunday June 08 2008 02:53:02 pm Thomas wrote:
> Ok, now I am able to add the mac address and have expected behavior in
> the Dom0 and DomU ifconfig output using:
> vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:00:00:01, ip=10.0.0.1' ]
>
> with the proper gateway and netmask, the network is back in business
> using NAT and is reachable from anywhere on the planet.
>
> I still have the problem of booting a second VM. The problem is I
> can't post any output from the boot message as I always get the
> following error message after issuing:
> -----
> # xm create -c node02
> ------
> xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory
> ------
> However I do see a new vif with IP 10.0.0.129 in Dom0, that's what you
> were talking about previously.

Nice! At least we haven't lost anything! Unfortunately, I've never been able
to get past that xenconsole error myself w/o a full reboot of dom0. I don't
know how easy that will be with your hosting service. Nor do I guarantee that
that error will go away. I've only corrected what you could show me so
far :-(