Re: Fwd: [Xen-users] Unable to create more than 1 VM

On Sunday June 08 2008 01:19:07 pm Thomas wrote:
> > That's good. I guess NAT accounts for the vifs having ips, but then
> > shouldn't your 2nd vm's gateway be 10.0.0.129, not .128?
>
> Now that I specify the mac address in vif=[...], the vifxx.0 in Dom0
> keeps changing. Therefore my gateway gets always wrong, and the
> network is no longer reachable.

The 'xx' part is the domain id #, and will change with each new xm create. Do
you mean the ip for that vifxx.0 changes as well? If you can log in thru ssh
(probably not w/o a gateway), vnc, or xm create -c, you can change your
gateway in the domu with 'route' till we get this straightened out.

Anybody out there have a better idea how NAT works?

> By the way, I have deactivated network support in xend-config.sxp,
> just to check, and still my second VM won't run, so I think we can say
> that is nothing to do with networking. What could possibly go wrong?

Umm, now I'm confused :-( Try posting your boot messages from as far as your
2nd vm gets.