Re: [Xen-users] HVM guest support is unavailable!!

Hi again,

I just checked your attached files again and something is a bit odd. When I run the following command here on my 64bit dom0

xm info |grep xen_caps

I get this result:

xen_caps : xen-3.0-x86_64 xen-3.0-x86_32p hvm-3.0-x86_32 hvm-3.0-x86_32p hvm-3.0-x86_64

So I guess you're running a 32bit dom0!? If so, you're having two problems afaik (maybe somebody can confirm this?):

1. your system can only run 32bit domU
2. your system can only run paravirtualized domU

Maybe a BIOS update would help to solve problem 2, because afaik you need to enable virtualization in the bios to make the vmx-feature of your cpu work. But as long as you're running a 32bit dom0 you'll never be able to run a 64bit W2K3-Server :-/ This only works the other way round -> 64bit dom0 can run 32bit domUs

At work we hopefully get a new ML350 tomorrow. Then I can check where to find the Virtualization option in the bios.

Hope this helps, and hopefully someone can confirm what I wrote!?
Greetz Age_M

PS: You could also check this:   xm info |grep -i hvm

Yassine AYACHI schrieb:
Thanks for replay Age_M,

I just checked it... there is no virtualization tab !
That seems weird because i have vmx across the cpu flags!

Regards,