Re: Fwd: [Xen-users] Unable to create more than 1 VM

* Thomas <iamkenzo@xxxxxxxxx> [2008-06-10 19:42]:
> resolve names. In the Dom0 it does work though. How do I fix that? I

try using 'dig' or 'host', at least the latte is definitely installed.

> Here is the /etc/resolv.conf in Dom0:
> nameserver 127.0.0.1
> nameserver my.server.IP.address

delete above 2 lines and keep the next one:

> nameserver 213.186.33.99
>
> Here is the /etc/resolv.conf in a DomU:
> nameserver 213.186.33.99
>
> Is 213.186.33.99 the IP address of Ovh DNS server?

Yep. Keep that one.

> Beside that when I ssh I use the IP address of the DomU, so I use the
> following command: "ssh user@xxxxxxxx" therefore DNS is not part of
> the equation. Am I right?

No, not entirely: sshd will make a reverse lookup ("what is the hostname
of 10.x.x.x?") to put the host in the log and lets you wait until it is
either resolved or the timeout occurs.

> Yeah really strange. It might be Xen's default behaviour, there is
> probably a special command to give back the freed memory to Dom0.

It's still there - you maybe don't see it, but you mem is still there
and available.
You can try 'xm mem-set', but don't need to.

Amicalement,
Félix
--
Félix Krohn, <felix.krohn@xxxxxxx>