Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.9 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

On Saturday June 14 2008 09:18:14 am James Harper wrote:
> Nothing much changed from 0.9.9-pre3, except that from now on any
> attempt to upgrade any of the 'child' devices of xenpci (eg xennet,
> xenvbd, xenscsi, xenstub) will be met with a 'must reboot for this
> change to take effect'. This should get around any problems of mixing
> version, but will still allow 'xm block-detach' etc to work. I think I
> may have fixed a BSoD on shutdown too (0x9f).

Well, I'm finally back in business. Created a winxppro sp3 fully patched file
backed vbd I saved on another machine as a template. I installed 0.9.9 with
absolutely no incident, no missing devices. The 'Details' button in the
installer said something to the effect "Device not plugged in, couldn't
update driver" a couple of times, but Device Manager is very happy.

I rebooted w/ /gplpv, and was immediately pleasantly surprised to get
a 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon in my systray, and a popup asking for Media
Actions for my dvd. My Computer properly read my dvd, for the first time
ever. Of course, I still can't change the disk, but that's the same situation
with Qemu.

Benchmarks to follow. Good job, James.