Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.10 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

On Tuesday June 17 2008 06:43:23 am James Harper wrote:
> The xennet 'parameters' (csum offload, large send offload) should now
> work properly.

The xennet performance continues to improve.

for 0.9.9:
For a tcp test, 'iperf-1.7.0 -c dom0-name -t 60 -r':

domu->dom0: 34 Mb/s
dom0->domu: 89 Mb/s

for 0.9.10:
For a tcp test, 'iperf-1.7.0 -c dom0-name -t 60 -r':

domu->dom0: 37.5 Mb/s (better)
dom0->domu: 101 Mb/s (wow!)

While I would love it if the two directions were more equal, it's definitely
better for the download speeds to be better than the upload if I can only
pick one ;-)

(Playing with all combinations of csum and lso off and on resulted in minor
differences.)