Re: [Xen-users] Why limit dom0's memory?

That said, I think many people find that for a minimal dom0, not doing much
other work about 256MB is a reasonable amount of memory.  Maybe you'd want to
go to 512MB if you had many guests and / or memory to spare.  dom0's
requirements aren't extravagent, as long as you're not running loads of
things in it (which on a server you shouldn't, for security reasons).

Of course if you start running X and a modern desktop, you can expect dom0 to
have significantly higher memory requirements, just as a normal machine
would ;-)

Cheers,
Mark