Re: [Xen-users] Re: Dom0 won't come up, Fedora 9

On Thursday June 19 2008 06:24:57 am John Haxby wrote:
> I believe that yum won't remove the kernel you're running. ÂSo when I
> had problems with a new kernel on my old laptop I told grub to default
> to the old, working one and yum left it in place and removed the newer
> non-working kernels as they were updated.

Nope - I've had yum remove a running kernel on me, when the newer ones had
problems I didn't want to deal with yet. I may not have had that kernel as
the default, tho', as I've always had the default setting
in /etc/sysconfig/kernel of UPDATEDEFAULT=yes.