RE: solved, Re: [Xen-users] Windows domU doesn't boot

  • To: "'Michael Jinks'" <mjinks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Artur Linhart - Linux communication" <AL.LINUX@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:48:51 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 03:49:32 -0700

Hello,

        I had the same problem. But I do not think, this is related to the
serial='pty'
setting... In my case this line was remmed out in the configuration, but the
error
bind() failed
was till there...

The real problem is (at least in my case was) in the specification of
"vnclisten" parameter - this specifies the address where the machine should
"hear" to incomig VNC connections for management of the HVM hosts. If there
is specified an invalid address, then the vnc "server" for that virtual
instance cannot be started, because there fails the bind of the service to
the specified port on specified address.

This is also consistent with the fact the qemu-dm starts, but then
everything stops and the TCP post is not allocated, what can be seen if
running
netstat -a -n

Michael, is it possible in Your case this was the same and You not only
remmed-out the "serial" oto, bu also repaired the IP address specified in
vnclisten parameter?

        With regards, Archie