Re: [Xen-users] Redirecting DomU console into a file?

On Fr, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:11:36 +1000, Amos Shapira wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My environment: CentOS 5 (recently upgraded to 5.2), Xen 3.0.3 but
> CentOS 5.2 release notes mentions an upgrade to 3.2 so this is also
> relevant.
>
> Our automatic provisioning script requires a reboot of the DomU and
> I'd like to automatically capture the output of the console into a
> file.

Where is the file must be created?
In the domain 0, as far as I can judge
(otherwise, how can it be created
before root fs of the domU is mounted?)

If in dom0, you can try to use
script command (run before xm console)
or socat (play with /dev/pts redirection).

> Is there a way to do this? I suspect it might be doable based on the
> same mechanism which supposed serial consoles, but so far I couldn't
> find it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Amos

WBR, i.m.chubin