Re: [Xen-users] Unable to remove GPLPV drivers without breaking win2k3 domU

On 30/06/2008 15:33, James Pifer wrote:

I'm in the same boat.

Sorry I missed your message, otherwise I wouldn't have started a new thread.

I have an older version installed on several
systems, 0.8.8, that's I'd really like to update to see if it fixes some
problems I'm having. I'm also unable to remove them without blowing up
the system.

I just booted my domU from an .iso of the Win2K3 CD and pressed "R" to start the recovery console and disabled all the Xen drivers and services.

Unfortunately just doing that was enough to blue screen it on the next HVM boot.

I've also noticed that booting into PV mode is enough to trigger Windows into wanting a re-activation due to seeing "significant" hardware changes.