Re: [Xen-users] Unable to remove GPLPV drivers without breaking win2k3 domU

On 30/06/2008 16:37, Andy Burns wrote:

I just booted my domU from an .iso of the Win2K3 CD and pressed "R" to start the recovery console and disabled all the Xen drivers and services.

Unfortunately just doing that was enough to blue screen it on the next HVM boot.

I think I'm getting somewhere, after the previous attempt at disabling all GPLPV drivers and services, I re-enabled *just* the XenHide device, and it booted.

I cleaned out registry entries (a bit of care required as some Xen entries come from QEMU not from GPLPV) also some registry permissions needed changing to allow deletion.

Then I changed the registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\ACPI_HAL\PNP0C08\0\Control\ActiveService back to its default value of "ACPI"

Then deleted the .inf/.pnf/.sys files which related to gplpv

Rebooted and no blue screen :-)

Then I installed the 9.11-pre4 version, seemed to get a lot of pop-up warnings, and eventually the xen devices showed up with yellow bangs (at the same as the qemu devices)

I'm just about to reboot with /GPLPV flag and hopefully the yellow bangs will disappear ...