RE: [Xen-users] Unable to remove GPLPV drivers without breaking win2k3domU

> attempt 1 - installed new drivers over the top of the old ones, got
> bluescreen at next boot.
>
> attempt 2 - restored disk and used the un-install.bat from the old
> version, still bluescreen at next boot.
>
> attempt 3 - manually uninstalled all xen devices from within device
> manager, deleted all relevant .inf/.pnf/.sys files, it still
> bluescreens, I think it's a STOP 0x0000007B
>
> Any more suggestions on how to remove the old drivers and keep it
> bootable, ready to try the newer version?

I have documented this on the wiki -
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenWindowsGplPv/Installing

It's probably the upper and lower filter entries in the registries that
are biting you - if xenhide.sys is an upper or lower filter anywhere (eg
on the pci bus) then that driver won't load (because you deleted it),
and obviously if the pci bus doesn't get loaded then nothing good is
going to happen.

James