Re: [Xen-users] Unable to remove GPLPV drivers without breaking win2k3domU - SUCCESS

On 01/07/2008 03:59, James Harper wrote:

I didn't notice this when I just replied. Feel like updating the wiki?

Done.

Is the long delay at the "gray screen" to be expected? could any of the gplpv drivers output a message to warn about it? (I use /SOS and /NOGUIBOOT to watch what's going on)

I have now upgraded to 0.9.11-pre4, my filesystems are not corrupted :-)

As expected the QEMU devices *are* hidden when the PV devices are active, but not vice-versa.

The instructions don't mention the need to boot into non /GPLPV mode for the upgrade, I certainly had to.

I found the XenShutdownMon service would not stop (in response to the installer, or by me manually stopping it) so I had to set it to manual, then reboot, then do the upgrade, then set it back to auto before the reboot.

Disk performance seems improved, especially with larger transfer block sizes, I'm seeing up to 50MB/s on either reads or writes, but if I do mixed reads *and* writes the performance is really killed, ie. 5MB/s

Thanks for your efforts on these drivers.