RE: [Xen-users] Unable to remove GPLPV drivers without breakingwin2k3domU - SUCCESS

> On 01/07/2008 03:59, James Harper wrote:
>
> > I didn't notice this when I just replied. Feel like updating the
wiki?

> Done.

Thanks for that.

> Is the long delay at the "gray screen" to be expected? could any of
the
> gplpv drivers output a message to warn about it? (I use /SOS and
> /NOGUIBOOT to watch what's going on)

I think I did fix a delay (up to 30 or 60 seconds?) in the current hg
sources. I'll probably do a release sometime in the next few days as I
have save/restore working, although it's not well tested yet.

> I have now upgraded to 0.9.11-pre4, my filesystems are not corrupted
:-)

w00t!

> As expected the QEMU devices *are* hidden when the PV devices are
> active, but not vice-versa.
>
> The instructions don't mention the need to boot into non /GPLPV mode
for
> the upgrade, I certainly had to.

With your upgrade from 0.8.x to 0.9.x you certainly need to take every
precaution. Upgrades from now on should be a bit less painless though.

> I found the XenShutdownMon service would not stop (in response to the
> installer, or by me manually stopping it) so I had to set it to
manual,
> then reboot, then do the upgrade, then set it back to auto before the
> reboot.

You can just go into task manager and kill the shutdownmon process. For
some reason stopping the service doesn't stop the process...

James