Re: [Xen-users] Unable to remove GPLPV drivers without breaking win2k3 domU - SUCCESS

On 01/07/2008 16:36, James Pifer wrote:

After doing all this, do you end up with anything in Device Manager
showing up with yellow bangs?

Both of these show up as yellow bangs for me now:
Intel(R) 82371SB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller
Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC

I think if you're on 0.9.10 it is intended that the QEMU devices will be visible rather than hidden by xenhide, but will show the yellow bangs so the device isn't accessed by both drivers.

I've now upgraded to 0.9.11-pre4 and the xenhide does hide the QEMU devices, so evrything looks "clean" in device manager, all hard drive/cdrom/nic ar handled by PV drivers and console/fb/kbd are just stub devices, but no yellow bangs or question marks.