[Xen-users] Unable to hot-add disk to Win2K3 HVM with GPLPV drivers

I'm using xen 3.1.2 with fedora8 in dom0 and Win2K3 SP2 with 0.9.10.4 pre-release drivers in domU.

The domain is defined with virsh, and has a single hard disc on LVM phy: and a cdrom from an iso file: the machine boots properly with and without /gplpv

I wanted to add another LVM based partition for IOmeter testing, so I did

        virsh attach-disk wintest2 /dev/vgr5/junk xvdc --driver phy

Within Windows, I saw an event logged

        source: XenVbd
        eventid: 4
        descr:  Driver detected an internal error in its data structures
                for \Device\Scsi\XenVbd3

In Device Manager the exising block devices show as

        Xen Block Device Driver

but the hot-added one shows as

        Xen vbd device #51744

it has the same drivers xen/config/hide/vbd.sys loaded as the functioning disks.

If I do a

        virsh detach-disk wintest2 xvdc

I get no error, but the disk doesn't disappear inside Windows.

I then rebooted the domain and tried

        virsh attach-disk wintest2 /dev/vgr5/junk hdb --driver phy

this time no event was logged, but no new disc showed up in device manager, or under disk management

Am I doing something wrong?