Re: [Xen-users] Howto disable xenbr in xen-3.2.1?

Martin Hierling schrieb:

@Todd: I won't use the ubuntu hardy package any more because it's
simply broken:

The Xen 3.2.1 source package works for me now but I need a xen kernel 2.6.22 and above, regarding some hardware issues on my machine.

No. deactivating the bridge script doenst mean that there is no default value.
You have to activate the xen-bridge-none script. On my installation
(gentoo) there is no xenrb0!

I believe but it doesn't matter, what script I activate. When I strace the xend start process, I see the brctl command building xenbr0. No other process does this. When I grep the source, there are a lot of references to xenbr.

does the ubuntu network scripts start that bridge? How does your
/etc/network/interfaces look like?

--8<-------
# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
auto eth0

auto br0
iface br0 inet static
 address 10.0.0.2
 netmask 255.255.255.0
 gateway 10.0.0.1
bridge_ports eth0
root@sonne:~#

root@sonne:~# brctl show
br0             8000.000103bb4292       no              eth0
xenbr0          8000.000000000000       no