Re: [Xen-users] Howto disable xenbr in xen-3.2.1?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 09:03:19 +0700
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 19:03:56 -0700

Ralf Hornik Mailings wrote:
Martin Hierling schrieb:

@Todd: I won't use the ubuntu hardy package any more because it's
simply broken:
If you feel like converting, RHEL/Centos 5.2 plus xen-3.2.1 works great :D
Tested with HVM guest XP-Sp3 + GPLPV.

The Xen 3.2.1 source package works for me now but I need a xen kernel 2.6.22 and above, regarding some hardware issues on my machine.

What hardware would that be?
If you have a working 2.6.22-xen kernel (from xen-3.2.1 or earlier) it should be possible to use that kernel together with your custom-built xen-3.2.1 hypervisor and userland.

No. deactivating the bridge script doenst mean that there is no default value.
You have to activate the xen-bridge-none script. On my installation
(gentoo) there is no xenrb0!

I believe but it doesn't matter, what script I activate. When I strace the xend start process, I see the brctl command building xenbr0. No other process does this. When I grep the source, there are a lot of references to xenbr.

I have to say that's weird.
I'm using RHEL5, and on /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp I have
(network-script /bin/true)

I setup bridges manually. With this config it doesn't create xenbr0 (with xen < 3.2) or make eth0 a bridge (xen >=3.2).

There is something else that's creating a xen-related bridge though. It's libvirt, which (by default in RH) creates virbr0. Perhaps that's what causing your problem?

Regards,

Fajar