Re: [Xen-users] Ctrl+Alt+? in xm console over SSH

On Wednesday July 02 2008 05:51:51 pm Dylan Martin wrote:
> I've been using xen for a few years, and I usually install my PV
> guests by making an SSH connection from my desktop to the domU machine
> and running xm -c create name.  I'm wondering if there is a way to
> send ctrl sequences to the vm in this situation.  I see that you can
> with the QEMU monitor and the machine manager, but I don't see
> anything for the plain old xm console.   Specifically, I want to do
> Ctrl+Alt+F1, Ctrl+Alt+F2 etc...

Nope. When you use xm console, you are connecting to the domu's /dev/xvc0
(hvc0 for 2.6.25). The Ctrl-Alt sequences are for switching
between /dev/tty1-6 (and 7 for the desktop).

Maybe you can use the 'screen' program to get multiple ptys on your xm console
login?