Re: [Xen-users] Howto disable xenbr in xen-3.2.1?

Finally I solved it...

Fajar A. Nugraha schrieb:

What hardware would that be?
The complaining hardware is an it821x IDE controller, that runs with pata_it821x fast and with no errors. This module first appeared to be stable in 2.6.22+ (ciiw). At least 2.6.18 raises errors.
If you have a working 2.6.22-xen kernel (from xen-3.2.1 or earlier) it should be possible to use that kernel together with your custom-built xen-3.2.1 hypervisor and userland.
Thats exactly what I do :-)

I have to say that's weird.
I'm using RHEL5, and on /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp I have
(network-script /bin/true)
Remarking the line does ths same.

There is something else that's creating a xen-related bridge though. It's libvirt, which (by default in RH) creates virbr0. Perhaps that's what causing your problem?
The problem was an xml file (/var/lib/xend/state/network.xml) that referrenced to xenbr0. Probably a file created by ubuntu package.
After recreating it, the bridge xenbr0 disappeared.
Best regards

Ralf