Re: [Xen-users] could not import module ELFCLASS32

On Wednesday July 02 2008 11:53:11 am Joe Auty wrote:
> |> #hg clone http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-3.2-testing.hg
> |> destination directory: xen-3.2-testing.hg
> |> requesting all changes
> |> adding changesets
> |> abort: could not import module ELFCLASS32!
> |> transaction abort!
> |> rollback completed
> |>

> |> Is there a workaround for this right now?
> |
> | It seems like you need to install the ELF libraries for this to work on
> | your system. ELFCLASS32 = ELF + Class + 32bit :)
>
> Hmmm...
>
> That makes sense, although I have all of the elf stuff installed:
>
> # rpm -qa | grep elf
> elfutils-libs-0.125-3.el5
> elfutils-devel-0.125-3.el5
> elfutils-libelf-0.125-3.el5
> elfutils-libs-0.125-3.el5
> elfutils-libelf-0.125-3.el5
> elfutils-libelf-devel-0.125-3.el5
> elfutils-devel-static-0.125-3.el5
> elfutils-devel-0.125-3.el5
> elfutils-0.125-3.el5
> elfutils-libelf-devel-static-0.125-3.el5
>

> Do you know which RPM contains this lib?

Actually, I think you left something out - this is a 64 bit system, right?
ELFCLASS32 is a class of module, not a module name. What's happenning is a
64bit program is trying to load a 32 bit module, but no 32 to 64 bit wrapper
is available.

It may not be the elf utils at all. (It looks like you have them all.) Where
did you get mercurial? Did you compile it from source (should work) or did
you get it from a repo? (If the latter, make sure it's an x86_64.rpm, not an
i386.rpm.)