Re: [Xen-users] Handling virtual disks on Xen

Javier Guerra Giraldez schrieb:
> On Monday 07 July 2008, James Harper wrote:
>> Even if it did, can Linux handle it anyway? I added a disk to a RAID
>> array recently and while I could use fdisk to add a new partition, I had
>> to reboot before Linux could use it.
>
> partprobe
This requires parted package to be installed. On bare system the same
effect can be achieved by calling blockdev --rereadpt /dev/mydevice.
blockdev is part of util-linux.

The said methods do not work while the disk pt is open. Resizing LVM
however doesn't have the need for rebooting the dom0 as the changes are
applied dynamically in the dom0. The domU however has still to be
booted, AFAIK. There is xm block-reconfigure which might update the disk
size, but that didn't work for me as of Xen 3.2.0.

MfG
-Dimitri Puzin