Re: [Xen-users] manage many xen servers

  • To: Arpan Jindal <jindalarpan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 02:14:17 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 18:05:05 -0700

Arpan Jindal wrote:
Hi All
i am planing to run 10 xen servers on live servers. and about 5 -6 domU inders each. how i can manage them using one server. something similar to Vmware infrastructure. is there any tool or program i can manage them using one management server from which i can create /delete and do what all can be done on domU thanks

Talk to Citrix about their enterprise Xen software. Note that I consider VMware's tools to be pretty clumsy and Windows-interface-burdened, so I'm not wildly impressed with VMware's insistence on using a Windows GUI to run what's actually an RHEL 3.1 ESX server. Citrix's Xen products are at least running on CentOS 5, which is considerably more modern and powerful.