RE: [Xen-users] GPLPV but network problem

> I just upgraded to GPLPV 0.9.11-pre8.
>
> Now I have the following IRQs:
> ISA 7 Xen Net Device Driver
> ISA 7 Xen Stub Device Driver (Console)
> ISA 7 Xen Stub Device Driver (Virtual Frame Buffer)
> ISA 11 Xen Block Device Driver
> PCI 28 Xen PCI Device Driver
>
> However, the network issue persists.
> Windows tries to send packets (only a few over time), but Windows doesn't
> receive any.

I've just uploaded a -pre9 which will prevent the drivers from using IRQ7.
In order to make things behave like real hardware (makes scsi _much_ easier)
I assign a fake hardware interrupt and then call it using the asm 'int x'
instruction. I read ages ago that this doesn't work with irq 7 and irq 15,
and thought I had excluded them for that reason, but obviously I hadn't.

> BTW: As intermediate solution, I would like to enable the QEMU network
> driver while keeping the PV block devices. Is this possible?

If you don't install the network driver then the filter will not get
installed which disables the qemu driver. You can't get the same effect by
uninstalling the network driver though, you'd have to go in and remove the
upper filter from the Network class. This -pre9 update should get things
working for you though. Please let me know if it does.

James