Re: [Xen-users] The death of XEN by Novell

On Sun July 20 2008 9:51:52 am Venefax wrote:
> The Novell engineer showed me a technical document, which I did not write
> the number, on the Novell web site, where it said: windows SMP using the
> Novell driver crashes.

That's what I thought - the problem is with Novell's PV drivers, not Xen.
James had some initial problems with SMP also.

>  I use a SIP Server on the Linux side, talking hundreds of times per second
> to SQL Server, so I need SMP 8 ways on both  ends.

Something I've never seen you actually say is that you *tried* vcpu=1, and the
performance was bad. So far, it sounds like theory to me. Even with 1 vcpu,
playing with scheduling weights should help.