Re: [Xen-users] Re: creating a xen failover with lookback images

  • To: "Daniel Asplund" <danielsaori@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Heiko <rupertt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 14:01:14 +0200
  • Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 05:01:51 -0700

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Heiko <rupertt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Heiko <rupertt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Hi Daniel,
>> i reinstalled both servers and now have LVM.
>> Since I dont use the Xen-tools and use CentOS, i would like to install
>> the VM with virt-install,
>> I started the installation with:
>>
>> virt-install \
>> --name=ticketsystem \
>> --ram=2000 \
>> --file=/dev/vg01/lv_myVM \
>
> --file=/dev/vg01/lv_myVM \  should be --file=/dev/drdb0 i guess
>
>> --vcpus=2 \
>> --os-variant=centos5 \
>> --nographics \
>> --location ftp://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/centos/5.2/os/x86_64/ \
>>
>> it ran thorugh, now I did shut it down and changed the VM config:
>>
>> disk = [ "drdb:ticketsystem,xvda1,w" ,
>> "file:/VM/ticketsystem_swap.img,xvda2,w"]

still wont boot:

 xm create  ticketsystem -c
Using config file "./ticketsystem".
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 651, in ?
    fs = fsimage.open(file, get_fs_offset(file))
IOError: [Errno 95] Operation not supported
No handlers could be found for logger "xend"
Error: Boot loader didn't return any data!

I did a complete reinstall to /dev/drbd0