Re: [Xen-users] Ctrl-Alt-Fn

On 26/07/2008 14:45, drew einhorn wrote:

If this was an install on a real physical hardware
I would sit at the console and use Ctrl-Alt-Fn to access various logs,
and get a shell login using the alternate virtual consoles,

but when I try this the Ctrl-Alt-Fn keystrokes are processed by the
Hardy laptop and I acces its alternate virtual consoles instead
of the domU's alternate consoles.

Either I'm missing the point, or you're barking up the wrong tree ...

Isn't installing without a graphical console more akin to installing over a serial console, i.e. you haven't *got* multiple virtual consoles to switch between, just *the* console?

Have you tried a GUI install with a VNC console instead?