Re: [Xen-users] Xen Installation without virtualization enabled in Bios

  • To: "s@l" <sal.bayat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Brian Stempin <brian.stempin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:50:21 -0400
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 10:51:41 -0700

I just re-read your email.

To answer your most important question:

> Would installing RHEL 5 and Xen while this option was NOT
> enabled in the bios cause problems and perhaps cause this networking
> connectivity issue im experiencing? Do I need to reinstall xen?

The answer to this is "no".  Enabling/disabling virtualization in the
BIOS, to the best of my knowledge, merely toggles the processor's VT
flag, which only affects the ability to run fully virtualized VMs (such
as Windows).  According to your config file, you're using pygrub, which
indicates that the DomU in question is a paravirtualized VM, and thus
not effected by the enabling/disabling of this feature.

You most likely have a legit networking issue.  A few questions to
further diagnose:
1.  Are you using any bonding?  If so, could you post details?
2.  Have you modified the stock bridge in any way?  If so, how?
3.  Have you edited any of the Xen networking scripts?  If so, could you
post your mods?