Re: [Xen-users] can I clone a runiung domU?

On 01/08/2008 10:45, Rudi Ahlers wrote:

Once I made a snapshot, should I be able to mount it, or not?

Cause it doesn't seem to work then?

lvcreate -L30G -s -n pluto_s /dev/data/hfserver2
Logical volume "pluto_s" created

[root@HF-LINSRV01 ~]# lvscan
ACTIVE   Original '/dev/data/hfserver2' [30.00 GB] inherit
ACTIVE   Snapshot '/dev/data/pluto_s' [30.00 GB] inherit

[root@HF-LINSRV01 ~]# mount /dev/data/pluto_s /mnt/pluto_s/
mount: you must specify the filesystem type

Are there partitions inside hfserver2?

If so they will also exist inside pluto_s, you can use kpartx to make them visible via mapper, then you may need to vgscan and lvchange -ay before you'll be able to mount them.