Re: [Xen-users] Getting a Dom0 Kernel Version > 2.6.18 ?

Anthony Wright schreef:
As far as I work out the version of the Dom0 linux kernel has to be
2.6.18. This is causing me a lot of problem, because the driver support
in 2.6.18 is slowly falling behind, and I finding that more modern
hardware isn't supported by the 2.6.18 drivers.

Is it possible to use a more recent version of the kernel for Dom0, or
am I stuck with 2.6.18?

Is there another way I can use more modern drivers? I'm particularly
interested in the sky2 ethernet driver at the moment, but have had
problem with other ethernet drivers and SATA drivers in the past.

Are there any plans to upgrade xen to use a later kernel version for Dom0?

Gentoo has a 2.6.21 kernel; that is rather stable. I also have major problems with the .18 release on Dell hardware. (Network device order issues etc. etc.)

Stefan