Re: [Xen-users] Getting a Dom0 Kernel Version > 2.6.18 ?

On 03/08/2008 00:41, Anthony Wright wrote:

As far as I work out the version of the Dom0 linux kernel has to be
2.6.18.

It's quite understandable that a fast moving distro like Fedora has outstripped the pace of an individual project such as Xen, but when the forthcoming Debian lenny will "leapfrog" it too ...

Is there another way I can use more modern drivers? I'm particularly
interested in the sky2 ethernet driver at the moment,

I recently installed a centos 5.2 kernel and found the SKY2 drver no longer recognised the NICs on a motherboard where 5.1 previously did, I looked through the git history and discovered there had been some problems with the driver and some PCIIDs were commented out, at this point RHEL5.2/Centos5.2 took their snapshot of backports, later the driver was re-enabled except in very specific circumstances, but these patches were too late for RHEL/Cenos.

I installed the source for the kernel, and rebuilt the module with the PCIId re-enabled and no problems

Alternatively you could try the out-of-tree SK98LIN driver, it did work for me, but I preferred to stay with the rebuilt kernel.