Re: [Xen-users] Diskless xen

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 10:09:11PM -0300, Marco Sinhoreli wrote:
> I'm using a targets iscsi to remote virtual machines boot using debian
> initramfs-tools. The parameter is passed in virtual machines config
> files. You certainly needs change the cmdline size into the kernel to
> suport more that 256 characters. See more about in

Dunno if anyone has implemented iBFT support into Xen yet, but I think that
would
help with iscsi root setups..

Vanilla/upstream Linux kernel now has iBFT support, and there are
scripts for parsing information in iBFT table and configuring open-iscsi
accordingly (in initrd) for root volume..

RHEL 5.2 kernel and (mk)initrd supports iBFT already.

-- Pasi