Re: [Xen-users] how to specify vif device name?

Hi Rudi,

the vif name depends on the id of the domain. It is named following this pattern: vif<domid>.<interface>

For example:

If you have a domain test with the id 13 and two network interfaces, you will see the both following vifs in dom0:

vif13.0
vif13.1

Regards,

Jan

--
Artfiles New Media GmbH | Spaldingstr. 160 b | 20097 Hamburg
Tel: 040 - 32 02 72 90 | Fax: 040 - 32 02 72 95

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
Hi all

Is it possible to specify which vif device a domU VM should use? I see that
it sometimes change around, depending on which order they were started in.
So, how do I tell XEN to always use the same vif for the same domU ?